Sign up for the latest news
about our upcoming exhibitions, events, featured artists, special promotions, and more!
Last Updated: March 22, 2019
Protecting your privacy is very important to Ronin Gallery. We have adopted the following policies to safeguard your personal data. We will limit the collection and use of your personal data to what is necessary to administer our business, provide you with the highest quality service, and offer you opportunities we think will be of interest.
PERSONAL DATA COLLECTION
We may collect and process the following personal data about you:
- Contact Data. You may provide us with your contact details, such as name, email address, phone number, address, state, province, ZIP/Postal code, city, or other similar information, which we may use to respond to your inquiries or to your requests to schedule a curated session, to send you informational emails, newsletters and updates, or for administrative purposes.
- Online Portal. If you register for an account on our online portal, we may collect your name, email address, password, and other similar information.
- Order Information. If you purchase a good from the Service, you may provide us with your name, email address, order information, payment information, or other similar information.
- Log Data. We may collect information on how the Service is accessed and used ("Usage Data"). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers, and other diagnostic data.
- Device Information. We may obtain information about the devices that access the Service, including the type of device, its operating system, device settings, and unique device identifiers.
- Other information you provide to us. This includes emails and other communications that you send to us or otherwise contribute, such as support inquiries.
PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING
We process your personal data:
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To deliver the goods you purchase and process your payments
- To schedule a curated session with you
- To allow you access to the online portal
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To respond to your emails, inquiries, comments, questions, or other requests for customer support
- To provide you with newsletters, special offers and general information about goods, services, and events we offer
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent, and address technical issues
- To comply with applicable laws, regulations, or legal processes
- To protect our or others’ interests, rights, and property
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area, these processing activities are carried out pursuant to the following legal bases under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR):
- The processing is necessary for us to provide you with the goods or services you request, including pursuant to a contract with you
- If you have consented to the use of your personal data. When you consent, you can change your mind at any time.
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it is not overridden by your rights. For example, we have a legitimate interest in the following cases:
- To maintain and improve the Service.
- To operate the Service and provide you with certain tailored advertising and communications to develop and promote our business.
- To maintain business relationships using company contact information.
- We have a legal obligation to process your personal data, such as to comply with applicable tax and other government regulations or to comply with a court order or binding law enforcement request.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
We may share your personal data:
- With our consultants, vendors, and other service providers that perform services on our behalf, such as to help provide services to you or to analyze and improve the Service.
- If required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Ronin Gallery LLC.
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service.
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public.
- During negotiations of any proposed or actual transaction, such as a partnership or joint venture, or any other type of legal event.
COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
On the Service, we utilize online identification technologies–such as cookies, web beacons, or pixels–in accordance with applicable law and requirements. Cookies are small text files placed on your hard drive when you visit a website; they store information which is sent back to our servers or those of third parties. As described in more detail below, we use such technologies to:
- Recognize new or past visitors to the Service;
- Store your password if you are registered on the Service;
- Improve the Service and better understand your visits;
- Integrate with third-party social media websites;
- Serve you interest-based or targeted advertising; and
- Observe your behaviors and browsing activities over time across multiple websites or other platforms.
SOCIAL FEATURES, ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS
Certain functionalities on the Service permit interactions that you initiate between the Service and third-party services, such as social networks (“Social Features”). Social Features enable you to send content between the Service and a third-party service. If you use Social Features, and potentially other third-party services, information you post or provide access to may be publicly displayed by the third-party service you use. Also, both Ronin Gallery and the third party may have access to certain information about you and your use of the Service and the third-party service.
We maintain appropriate technical and organizational safeguards designed to help protect personal data from unauthorized disclosure or access and accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, or alteration. The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Although we use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data obtained through the Service.
RETENTION OF DATA
TRANSFER OF DATA
If you are visiting the Services from outside of the United States, please be aware that the Ronin Gallery is based in the U.S. and the personal data that we obtain through the Services will be transferred to, processed and stored on our servers in the United States where the data protection laws may differ from those in your jurisdiction.
If we transfer your personal data out of the EEA to countries not deemed by the European Commission to provide an adequate level of personal data protection, we will ensure there are measures in place to safeguard your personal data. For further information on the mechanism(s) used to transfer your personal data, please contact us at Ronin@Roningallery.com.
Unsubscribe from Emails
Should you receive a promotional email or newsletter from us, you may opt out of receiving additional promotional email communications from us by following the unsubscribe instructions on the emails. Please note that even if you opt out of receiving promotional communications from us, we may continue to send you non-promotional emails.
Changing Account Settings
You can access, update, or request deletion of your personal data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
Opt Out of Tracking Technologies
Regular cookies generally may be disabled or removed using tools available as part of most commercial browsers, and in some instances blocked in the future by selecting certain settings. Browsers offer different functionalities and options so you may need to set them separately. Also, tools from commercial browsers may not be effective with regard to Flash cookies (also known as locally shared objects), HTML5 cookies or other tracking technologies. Please be aware if you disable or remove these technologies, some parts of the Service may not work and that when you revisit the Service, your ability to limit browser-based tracking technologies is subject to your browser settings and limitations.
Your browser settings may allow you to transmit a “Do Not Track” signal when you visit various websites. Like many websites, this Service is not designed to respond to “Do Not Track” signals received from browsers. To learn more about “Do Not Track” signals, you may wish to visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com/.
Opt Out of Analytics and Interest-Based Advertising
You may opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page: http://www.google.com/settings/ads.
You may learn more about interest-based advertising from Facebook by visiting: https://www.facebook.com/help/164968693837950. To opt-out from Facebook's interest-based ads follow these instructions from Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217
Facebook adheres to the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising established by the Digital Advertising Alliance. You can also opt-out from Facebook and other participating companies through the Digital Advertising Alliance in the USA http://www.aboutads.info/choices/, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada http://youradchoices.ca/ or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/, or opt-out using your mobile device settings.
EEA DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS
The GDPR provides EEA data subjects with certain rights regarding their personal data. Subject to certain conditions, if you are an EEA data subject you may ask us to take the following actions in relation to the personal data that we hold about you:
- Provide you with information about our processing of your personal data and give you access to your personal data.
- Update or correct inaccuracies in your personal data.
- Delete your personal data.
- Object to our processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- Object to reliance on our legitimate interests as the basis for processing of your personal data.
- Restrict the processing of your personal data.
- Transfer a machine-readable copy of your personal data to you or a third-party of your choice.
You can submit these requests by email to Ronin@Roningallery.com or to our postal address below. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity prior to processing such requests. Applicable law may require or permit us to decline your request. If we decline your request, we will tell you why, subject to legal restrictions. If you would like to submit a complaint about our collection and use of your personal data or our response to your requests regarding your personal data, you may contact us at [email@example.com] or lodge a complaint with your supervisory authority.
We may provide paid products and/or services within the Service. In that case, we use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors), such as Authorize.net.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 16.
We do not intend to collect personal data from anyone under the age of 16. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected personal data from your child without verification of parental consent, we will delete the information in accordance with applicable law.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California law permits customers in California to request certain details about how their “personal information” (as defined by California Civil Code Section 1798.83) is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. We do not share personal information with third parties or affiliates for those third parties’ or affiliates’ own direct marketing purposes. Californians may request information about our compliance with this law by contacting us at [firstname.lastname@example.org] or by postal mail to:
Ronin Gallery LLC
Attention: California Privacy Rights Inquiry
425 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10017
Your inquiry must specify “California Privacy Rights Request” in the subject line of the email or the first line of the letter, and include your name, street address, city, state and zip code. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per California resident a year.
- By email: Ronin@RoninGallery.com
- By phone number: 212-688-0188
- By postal mail: Ronin Gallery LLC, 425 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10017